Cartilage Injuries (Meniscus)
Sometimes when the knee is injured, there’s secondary damage to the tough, flexible surrounding tissue known as cartilage. Cartilage injuries can cause pain and swelling or limit range of motion. Keep reading for how these injuries are treated.
Causes & Triggers
- Acute trauma
- Twisting Injury resulting in a tear
- Often related to sports-like activity
Signs & Symptoms
- Painful clicking
- Pain (especially while bending knee)
Tips & Treatment
- Because cartilage injuries are not visible on X-rays, an MRI or arthroscopy may be required for proper diagnosis.
- Seek the opinion of a well-qualified orthopedic specialist for treatment options.