Dr. David Robie is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with an additional subspecialty certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Robie serves Orthopedic ONE patients as a non-operative, orthopedic Sports Medicine specialist. His practice focuses on conservative, non-operative treatment of the upper and lower extremities, including the shoulder and knee.
His past experience as an orthopedic trauma surgeon, together with a 20-year history as a high school team physician, allows him to care for a wide array of orthopedic problems in this patient population. He presently serves as the orthopedic consultant for Ohio Wesleyan University.
Dr. Robie maintains an active role with professional organizations at the city, state and national levels.
He is married with three children, and remains active in sports and enjoys fly fishing, gardening, travel and antiquing.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Degenerative Joint Disease of the Knee/ Osteoarthritis
- Meniscal Tear
- Patellar Tendonitis (Jumper’s Knee)
- Bursitis of the Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Ankle Sprain – Sprained Ankle
- Cartilage Injuries (Meniscus)
Commonly Performed Procedures
Medical School:University of Louisville School of Medicine
Orthopedic Residency:The Ohio State University
Fellowship:Sports Medicine, The Ohio State University and Sports Medicine at the Hughston Clinic, Columbus, Georgia
Board Certification:American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Subspecialty in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Titles, Honors & Awards
TitlesOrthopedic Consultant, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Chief, Section of Orthopedics at Riverside Methodist Hospital
AwardsMallory-Coleman Award 1985
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2023
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Columbus Medical Association (CMA)
- Columbus Orthopedic Association (COA)
- Arthroscopic Association of North America (AANA)
- Mid-Ohio Orthopedic Group
- Ohio State Medical Group (OSMA)
- The Hughston Society
Research & Teaching
ResearchPublished writer in the medical community including the American Journal of Sports Medicine