Dr. Kenneth J. Westerheide specializes in sports medicine, with a unique expertise in shoulder arthroscopy and knee ACL reconstruction. He is also one of the few surgeons in central Ohio to perform hip arthroscopy.
Dr. Westerheide graduated fromThe Ohio State University Collegeof Medicine with AOA honors and participated in The University of Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Residency program. He then was selected to participate in a fellowship in shoulder arthroscopy and sports medicine at The Southern California Orthopaedic Institute in Los Angeles, California. Through this training, he has received numerous awards and recognition. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Active in the orthopedic community, Dr. Westerheide is a member of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbus Orthopaedic Society, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the American Medical Association. He has written and contributed to many articles for publication and presentations on topics including shoulder arthroscopy, knee ACL reconstruction and recently hip arthroscopy.
Common Conditions Treated – Click for more information:
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Labral Tears and Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Meniscal Tears and Meniscal Tears Video
- Hip Arthroscopy
To view Dr. Westerheide’s recent lectures from Orthopedic ONE’s 2016 Arthritis CME, click below:
Click HERE to view Dr. Westerheide’s live surgery from the BWC Medical & Health Symposium. His session is titled: 4801 Live Surgery.
Physical Therapy Protocols:
- ACL Reconstruction Protocol
- ACL reconstruction protocol with meniscus
- Adhesive capsulitis protocol
- General ankle protocol
- Large rotator cuff repair protocol
- Med full-thickness rotator cuff repair protocol
- Partial menisectomy protocol
- Shoulder decompression debridement protocol
- Shoulder impingement protocol
- SLAP lesion protocol
- Small full rotator cuff tear protocol
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Femoral-Acetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hip Labral Tear
- Cartilage Injuries (Meniscus)
- Patellar Tendonitis (Jumper’s Knee)
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Runner’s Knee)
- Biceps Tendon Rupture of the Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Tennis Elbow – Lateral Epicondylitis
- Labral Tear of the Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Throwing Injuries
Commonly Performed Procedures
Undergraduate:University of Dayton
Medical School:The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Orthopedic Residency:University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Fellowship:Sports Medicine/ Shoulder Arthroscopy, Southern California Orthopedic Institute
Board Certification:American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Titles, Honors & Awards
AwardsCastle Connolly Top Doctors 2023
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Columbus Orthopedic Society (COS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA)
Research & Teaching
- Orthopedic ONE's Arthritis CME of Shoulder and Hip
- BWC Medical & Health Symposium
- Presenter at top associations including AOSSM
Dustin Ford, PA-C
"I strive to provide an individualized experience for each of my patients."
Education / Training
- Marietta College, MS, Physician Assistant Studies
- University of Mount Union, BS
Dustin Ford is a board certified Physician Assistant. A native of Canton, Ohio, Dustin attended the University of Mount Union and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in biology with minor in chemistry. Dustin attended Marietta College to obtain a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
In January 2015, Dustin started his career at Orthopedic One under the supervision of Ken Westerheide, MD. Since graduate school, Dustin has had a passion for orthopedic and sports medicine and has been trained in specific techniques including administering joint injections. As a former academic all american collegiate track and cross country runner, Dustin has a unique perspective when it comes to sports-related injuries. He strives to provide an individualized experience for each of his patients, with particular attention to their orthopedic concern.
Dustin enjoys golfing, cooking, running, and traveling with his wife, friends and family. He also volunteers at his church with involvement in the missions outreach and youth group.