This degenerative condition results from the breakdown of cushiony cartilage in the hip joints. While age plays a significant role, not everyone of a certain age will develop it. Learn more about how an orthopedic specialist can help relieve symptoms.
Causes & Triggers
- Cartilage wear-and-tear
Signs & Symptoms
- “Crunching” sensation/noise
- Difficulty walking
- Limited range of motion
Tips & Treatment
- Without treatment, this condition usually worsens.
- Most treatments focus on relieving symptoms.
- Non-surgical treatment includes, rest, anti-inflammatory medication and lifestyle changes, including: regular, gentle exercise, adequate sleep, lose of excess body weight.
- Late-stage intervention may include total hip replacement surgery.