Dr. Scott Shemory is a Board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon with fellowship training in sports medicine. He has a special interest in arthroscopic shoulder procedures and shoulder reconstruction, and extensive training and experience in the following clinical areas:
- Arthroscopic Shoulder, Knee and Elbow Surgery
- Shoulder Instability and Rotator Cuff Repair
- Complex Shoulder Reconstruction
- Anatomic and Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Revision Shoulder Replacement
- ACL Reconstruction and Meniscus Repair
- Complex Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Knee Cartilage Restoration Surgery
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
Dr. Shemory received his undergraduate degree from Miami University and attended medical school at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. He then went on to complete his orthopedic residency at Akron Summa Health System, where is served as Chief Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Following residency, Dr. Shemory completed a Fellowship in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction at The Ohio State University.
Dr. Shemory has served as a team physician in providing sports medicine coverage to The Ohio State University Football Team, Columbus Clippers AAA Baseball, and The Ohio State University Hockey Team.
He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
Prior to joining Orthopedic ONE, Dr. Shemory practiced at the Adena Bone and Joint Center in Chillicothe, Ohio for 2 years.
He resides in German Village with his wife and son. His hobbies include hiking, soccer, Cleveland sports, music, history, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Dr. Shemory cares for patients at our Grove City and Hilliard locations.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Hamstring Muscle Strain
- Hip Bursitis
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Meniscal Tear
- Biceps Tendon Rupture of the Elbow
- Throwing Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Cartilage Injuries (Meniscus)
Commonly Performed Procedures
Medical School:The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Orthopedic Residency:Akron Summa Health System
Fellowship Training:Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction, The Ohio State University
Board Certification:American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Titles, Honors & Awards
TitleFormer team physician, The OSU Football Team, Columbus Clippers AAA Baseball, and The OSU Hockey Team
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA)
Research & Teaching
Clinical EducatorSt. Ann's Family Practice
ResearchPresenter at top associations including AANA and AAOS