Michael Rerko, M.D.
Hand & Upper Extremity
View all Reviews
View Related Patient Stories
Dr. Michael Rerko is a Board Certified orthopedic surgeon with a American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons sub-specialty certification for hand surgery, and fellowship training in hand and upper extremity. Dr. Rerko completed his orthopedic residency program at The Ohio State University and fellowship training at The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
His practice includes the treatment of:
- Common hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder conditions
- Nerve compression conditions such as carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Nerve injuries of the hand and upper extremity
- Degenerative and overuse conditions of the upper extremity
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Fractures and traumatic upper extremity injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery of the hand and upper extremity
- Dr. Rerko also has training and experience in more areas such as microsurgery, replantation, and joint replacement of the hand and upper extremity.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome | Ulnar Neuropathy
- Finger Fractures
- Hand and Wrist Arthritis
- Hand Fractures
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Tennis Elbow – Lateral Epicondylitis
Commonly Performed Procedures
Undergraduate:The University of Notre Dame
Medical Degree:Indiana University School of Medicine
Orthopedic Residency:The Ohio State University Medical Center
Fellowship:Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Board Certification:American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Subspecialty certification for hand surgery
Titles, Honors & Awards
AwardsCastle Connolly Top Doctors 2023
- Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA)
Research & Teaching
Clinical EducatorRiverside Family Practice, Dublin Family Medicine, Mount Carmel College of Nursing, Ohio University DO School
ResearchOhio Academy of Family Physicians Lecture
- Presenter at top associations including Mid-America Orthopedic Association
Related Blog Articles
NEW ADDRESS IN WESTERVILLE
ALL WESTERVILLE APPOINTMENTS WILL TAKE PLACE AT 340 POLARIS PKWY Beginning Monday, May 1, all Westerville physician appointments will take place at our new clinic at 340 Polaris Parkway, at...
51 ORTHOPEDIC ONE PHYSICIANS NAMED TO COLUMBUS TOP DOCTORS® LIST
Congratulations to our 51 Orthopedic ONE physicians named to the Top Doctors® list! Castle Connolly Top Doctors are peer-nominated, and vetted by a physician-led research team. This year, we are...
NEW ADDRESS AND NEW PROVIDERS IN DUBLIN
Growing to meet the musculoskeletal needs of our Dublin community Beginning Monday, October 24, all Dublin physician appointments will take place at our new clinic at 6810 Perimeter Drive, Suite...