Hand Tendon Injuries
When the tissue that connects muscle to bone (known as the tendon) is cut, torn or injured, it’s like a rubber band being snipped from a bundle: it’s impossible for it to repair itself. Learn more about flexor and extensor tendon injuries of the hand.
Causes & Triggers
- Sports injuries
- Trauma such as a wound or deep cut
- Weakened tendons due to arthritis
Signs & Symptoms
- Inability to flex or straighten fingers
Tips & Treatment
- Early treatment is essential.
- Surgical repair and splinting may be required.
- Consult an orthopedic hand specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment.