Appointments During COVID-19
COVID-19 - What This Means for Orthopedic ONE Patients
All of us at Orthopedic ONE are committed to doing our part to keep our patients, our associates, and our community healthy and safe during COVID-19. We know there are many individuals who have been putting off care in order to comply with the Stay At Home order, and we thank you for doing your part. But injuries happen and pain persists, even in a pandemic, and it is as important as ever to take care of ourselves.
Here are some important things for you to know as we move into this new phase of RestartOhio and begin seeing more patients in the office.
IMPORTANT! Please contact your provider’s office to reschedule your appointment if you have experienced flu-like symptoms, or if you have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 virus, within the past 14 days.
All Orthopedic ONE locations remain open to serve new and existing patients for in-person appointments. However, hours will be slightly reduced and may vary by site or service.
The following services are still available.
- Physician Appointments
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Imaging and MRI
- Urgent Orthopedic Access
Safety is our number ONE priority. Following state and federal guidelines, we have put into place new safety and screening measures to protect the health of our patients and associates. Here are some of the measures we are taking to keep patients and staff safe.
- Required temperature and screenings for every person who enters our facilities
- Mandatory masks for all staff, patients, and visitors. Patients and visitors will be given a surgical mask
- Increased frequency and special attention to cleaning following CDC guidelines
- Strict adherence to hand hygiene guidelines
- Safe social distancing in waiting areas and as much as possible within patient care areas
- Limiting visitors to only one caregiver, and only as needed. In order to maintain adequate social distancing, there may be times where we ask visitors to remain in their vehicles while the patient they are accompanying has their appointment.
Telemedicine is also an option for care. Many of our physicians are now offering telemedicine. This option allows patients who don’t need to be physically present to schedule virtual visits with their doctor. However, not all orthopedic appointments are appropriate for telemedicine. Please contact your provider’s office to see if this option is available.
URGENT ORTHOPEDIC CARE
Orthopedic ONE is adding capacity to treat urgent orthopedic injuries at its locations in an effort to keep patients out of the ER and Urgent Cares. Our team is ready to help you find a specialist to treat acute orthopedic conditions.
Surgery at Orthopedic ONE
Click here for the most up-to-date information on how we are handling surgeries during COVID-19
Visit the Ohio Department of Health’s (ODH) Coronavirus webpage at www.coronavirus.ohio.gov for up-to-date information on Coronavirus in Ohio.
A Message From Orthopedic ONE CEO, Tim Smith