Recurrent pain, pain that disturbs sleep and an inability to have full range of shoulder motion are among the many symptoms of this debilitating injury. Rotator cuff injuries range from strains to tears to tendinitis. Keep reading to learn more about this area of the shoulder.
Causes & Triggers
- Degenerative conditions such as arthritis
- Direct blow
- Repetitive overhead motion
- Sports-related injury
Signs & Symptoms
- Limited range of motion
Tips & Treatments
- The rotator cuff is a collection of muscles and tendons responsible for holding the bones of the shoulder together.
- The extent of the injury determines treatment options.
- This is a challenging injury to treat and full recovery is not always possible
- Non-surgical treatments may include anti-inflammatory medication, corticosteroid injections and/or physical therapy.
Surgical repair may be an option, depending on the nature and severity of the injury