A hunched, rounded spine or hunchback is not only an indication of poor posture; it could be a symptom of a structural condition known as kyphosis. Most often, this spine condition manifests itself in the mid-back (thoracic) region. Keep reading to learn more about it.
Causes & Triggers
- Cancer-related compression fractures
- Degenerative diseases (especially arthritis, disc degeneration)
- Fragility fractures
- Structural abnormality or birth defect (bones, discs, nerves, soft tissues)
Signs & Symptoms
- Hunched or rounded appearance
Tips & Treatments
- This progressive condition affects both children and adults
- Seek a medical evaluation from a well-qualified neck and spine specialist for treatment options, which may include bracing, exercise, lifestyle changes or spinal fusion surgery.