A hip dislocation occurs when the thighbone is forced or popped out of the ball-and-socket joint. This is a very painful and debilitating condition and requires manipulating the bone back into position. Read on to find out more.
Causes & Triggers
- Accident (especially industrial)
- High-force injury (especially motor vehicle accident)
Signs & Symptoms
- Inability to move leg
- Loss of feeling in foot or ankle
Tips & Treatments
- Repair requires manually manipulating the joint back into place.
- This manipulation is done while the patient is under anesthesia or highly sedated.
- Because complications are possible, especially if fracture is involved, seek the opinion and care of a well-qualified orthopedic specialist.