Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
When the nerves inside the pathway along the inner leg behind the inside ankle bone are compressed, the result if a very painful condition called tarsal tunnel syndrome. Keep reading to learn more.
Causes & Triggers
- Benign tumors
- Bone spurs
- Diseases that cause swelling, such as arthritis and diabetes
- Foot deformities, such as flat feet or fallen arches
- Ganglion cysts
- Muscle impingement
Signs & Symptoms
- Pain at ankle and/or over base of foot and heel
- Shoot pin in the foot
- Tingling over base of the foot and heel
Tips & Treatments
- This condition is very similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Seek proper evaluation and treatment from an orthopedic specialist.