It’s pretty obvious what flat feet are: feet devoid of a normal arch. It happens because connecting tendons do not support the arch and it’s a very common condition. Keep reading to learn more about it.
Causes & Triggers
- Charcot foot
- Congenital (born with it)
- Ligament injury
- Fracture or dislocation
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
Signs & Symptoms
- Difficulty participating in high-impact or high-intensity activity, such as running
- Numbness and tingling on top of foot and in toes
- Pain along inside foot and ankle
- Pain along outside ankle
- Pain that worsens with activity
- Trouble walking or standing for long periods of time
Tips & Treatments
- See a specialist to determine if braces, orthotics or surgery may help.